The Mile in the Media
Since the inaugural event in October 2003, The Texas Mile has received local, national and international media and video coverage. We have listed a few avenues here.
If you have a link to any media coverage or want to send us a copy of media coverage which we can post to the Web site, please email us with the details.
If you are a member of the media and want media credentials, please review our requirements.
Recent Media Coverage:
- AUTOWEEK: Hennessey-tuned Ford GT does a 235.1-mph Texas two-step, June 2, 1011
- Victoria Advocate: Texas Mile settles into new home in Beeville, May 29, 2011
- Beeville Bee-Picayune: Two firsts for the Texas Mile, May 28, 2011
- Victoria Advocate: Texas Mile brings generations and continents together, May 24, 2011
- Beeville Bee-Picayune: City to welcome Texas Mile on Memorial Day weekend, May 23, 2011
- Beeville Bee-Picayune: Reflections at the Texas Mile, April 2, 2011
- Corpus Christi Caller Times: Texas Mile satisfies need for speed, March 26, 2011
- APEX US: Texas Mile Event Coverage including article and photo galleries, March 25-27, 2011
- Corpus Christi Caller Times: Texas Mile lets riders, drivers run wide open to fulfill need for speed, March 24, 2011
- Beeville Bee-Picayune: Texas Mile returns to Goliad this weekend, June 9, 2009
- SPEED TV through SuperCars Exposed – Two Episodes on The Texas Mile:
Originally Aired May 2009 and April 2008.
- STREETFIRE.net VIDEO: The Texas Mile: Top Speed For You!
- SpeedSportLife Article: S:S:L Event Coverage - Spring 2010 Texas Mile Photo Gallery
- Beeville Bee-Picayune: Texas Mile returns to Goliad this weekend
- PARTICIPANT VIDEOS: STREETFIRE.NET (The YouTube and FaceBook for Motor Sports Enthusiasts):
The Texas Mile Multimedia Channel: Since March 2008 – Over 1 million views!
- National and Global Magazines features have appeared in: Two-Wheel Tuner, Grassroots Motorsports, HotRod Magazine, EXCELLENCE (Porsche Magazine), TURBO and more
Recognized in Magazine as stated in the March 2004 issue:
"....the runway of the Goliad Industrial Air Park is sufficiently remote to compete with the desolation of the famed dry lakes and the partially concrete, 8,000-foot-long, 200-foot-wide surface is superior to that of the somewhat crumbled asphalt of Maxton. The Texas Mile should become a top venue in land speed racing."
- SEMA in Las Vegas: Specialty Equipment Market Association Conference: In 2008 and 2007, Texas Mile competitors showcased their cars at the show.
- The Houston Chronicle – Two issues in the Motor Sports section
- The Victoria Advocate has been covering The Texas Mile since October 2003: 2009, 2008
- ESPN Sports Talk Radio – 97.5 The Ticket – Houston’s #1 Sports Station on FM – Liberty Motorsports Hour – Every Saturday Morning and podcast: http://www.libertymotorsportspark.com
- Goliad Paper: Texan Express
- In October 2003, The Texas Mile hosted its inaugural event. HOT ROD Magazine was there and gave their review of our first event.
Historical Media Coverage:
- Grassroots Motorsports Magazine – All 2005 publications under NASA section
- Channel 24 Coverage Victoria, TX – October 2005
- HOT ROD Magazine – Several issues in 2005
- LandRacing.com – April and November 2005
- Victoria Advocate – October 2005
- TheRaceSite.com – 2004 NASA section
- Grassroots Motorsports Magazine – All 2004 publications under NASA section
- HOT ROD Magazine – August & March 2004
- LandRacing.com - August 2004
- dialD.com – August & March 2004 – Home Page
- The Texas City Sun – August 2004
- dialD Magazine – July 2004
- Bonneville Racing News – June 2004
- ABC TV Affiliate – KAVU – May 22, 2004
- And many other publications and forums